The Foundation for Research on Information Technologies in Society (IT’IS), an independent, nonprofit research organization closely associated with the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich, is currently seeking applicants for the post as
Senior C++ / Python Software Engineer
IT’IS, together with its partner organizations Schmid & Partner Engineering AG (SPEAG), ZMT Zurich MedTech AG (ZMT) and TI Solutions AG, forms the Zurich43 alliance. Z43’s dedicated mission is to expand the knowledge and technology for the (i) characterization, optimization, and application of the electromagnetic near-field and (ii) predictive modelling of interactions between physical agents and physiology in complex anatomies.
- Creation of cutting-edge software for research and next-generation applications for our temporal interference (TI) technology
- Driving the development of user-friendly and reliable applications, intuitive and powerful GUIs, scientific data processing, integration of AI and/or computationally sophisticated backend solutions
- Contributing and being involved in all stages of product development, from detailed analyses to the global level
- University or technical college degree (Bachelor, Master, or PhD) in Information Technology or Computer Sciences, or equivalent knowledge
- Passion and interest in the latest technology stack and related developments
- Fascination for the design of high-quality, user-friendly, and reliable software
- Extensive C++ and/or Python skills (at least three years of experience) in hands-on software development
- Practical experience in industrial-level product development of a large code base of advantage
- Know-how and expertise in the latest tools (including modern C++, Python, testing methodologies, Agile development, and continuous integration systems)
- Strong sense for exceptional quality code and highest quality standard of work
- Self-motived to take responsibility and to get things done
- Good organizational and communication skills, impeccable attention to detail, friendly personality and team spirit, sensitivity to customer needs, and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, work independently in a fast-paced environment, and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent command of the English language (both written and spoken)
- Stimulating environment for innovation at the forefront of our research areas and critical technologies
- State-of-the-art laboratories, high-performance computing clusters, and production facilities
- Vibrant and open company culture thanks to a diverse and creative mix of people from across the globe with various backgrounds in physics, electronics, mathematics, biology, etc.
- Colleagues who are smart, competent, and passionate about valuable, cutting-edge work and who strive to meet high ethical standards
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Direct applications are preferred; applications submitted via recruitment agencies are discouraged. Please note that incomplete applications will be disregarded.
Please send your application documents (in English) consisting of motivational letter, tailored CV (max 2 pages), diplomas, transcripts (with grades), work certificates and/or reference letters (if available) to:
Zurich43, Yvonne Maeder, Zeughausstrasse 43, 8004 Zurich, Switzerland, Phone: +41 44 245 96 96, email@example.com
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Dr. Nik Chavannes.