The Foundation for Research on Information Technologies in Society (IT’IS), an independent, nonprofit research organization closely associated with the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich, is currently seeking applicants for the post as
Software Engineer, Computer Graphics
IT’IS, together with its partner organizations Schmid & Partner Engineering AG (SPEAG) and ZMT Zurich MedTech AG (ZMT), forms the Zurich43 alliance. Z43’s dedicated mission is to expand the knowledge and technology for the (i) characterization, optimization, and application of the electromagnetic near-field and (ii) predictive modelling of interactions between physical agents and physiology in complex anatomies.
- Development of novel and maintenance of existing visualization-related features in our computational science platform Sim4Life
- Development of novel algorithms that operate on and are for visualizing very large computational human anatomical models
- Development of GPU shaders for both processing and visualization of scientific data
- Involvement in all stages of product development, from detailed analyses to the global level
- University or technical college degree (Bachelor, Master, or PhD) in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge
- Experience with graphics frameworks and libraries or other graphics-related technologies such as OpenGL, GLSL, Vulkan, Metal
- Fascination for the design of high-quality, user-friendly, and reliable software
- Above-average knowledge of C++, practical experience writing C++ code
- Excellent knowledge of algorithms and experience with computer graphics, meshing, computational geometry, and related problems
- Strong sense of responsibility and highest quality standard of work
- Self-motivation, good organizational and communication skills, impeccable attention to detail, friendly personality and team-spirit, sensitivity to customer needs, and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, work independently in a fast-paced environment, and to meet tight deadlines
- Good to excellent command of the English language (both written and spoken), ability to communicate in German a plus
- Stimulating environment for innovation at the forefront of our research areas and key technologies
- State-of-the-art laboratories, high-performance computing clusters, and production facilities
- Vibrant and open company culture thanks to a diverse and creative mix of people from across the globe with various backgrounds in physics, electronics, mathematics, biology, etc.
- Colleagues who are smart, competent, and passionate about valuable, cutting-edge work and who strive to meet high ethical standards
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Direct applications are preferred; applications submitted via recruitment agencies are discouraged. Please note that incomplete applications will be disregarded.
Please send your application documents (in English) consisting of motivational letter, detailed CV (max 2 pages), diplomas, transcripts (with grades), work certificates and/or reference letters (if available) to:
Zurich43, Yvonne Maeder, Zeughausstrasse 43, 8004 Zurich, Switzerland, Phone: +41 44 245 96 96, firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Dr. Nik Chavannes.