The Foundation for Research on Information Technologies in Society (IT’IS), an independent, nonprofit research organization closely associated with the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich, is currently seeking applicants for the post as
Scientific Coordinator (60 – 100%)
IT’IS, together with its partner organizations Schmid & Partner Engineering AG (SPEAG) and ZMT Zurich MedTech AG (ZMT), forms the Zurich43 alliance. Z43’s dedicated mission is to expand the knowledge and technology for the (i) characterization, optimization, and application of the electromagnetic near-field and (ii) predictive modelling of interactions between physical agents and physiology in complex anatomies.
- Provide consistent administrative support to ensure that all requirements and key deliverables for new and ongoing research projects and collaborations are met (incl. regulations of funding bodies, expert panels, etc.)
- Identification of new funding sources, grant opportunities, and/or sponsors
- Coordination and assistance with compiling new grant applications to, and reports for, national and international funding bodies
- Maintain records of submissions, communications, and outcomes of applications to funding and regulatory bodies
- Keep publication lists, online document repositories, and databases up to date
- Organization and follow-up of seminar series, conferences, workshops, and other events (incl. speaker and venue enquiries, preparing agendas, taking minutes, and general correspondence)
- Foster and expand the existing research and collaboration network
- Administrative support of scientific organizations in which members of IT’IS hold a leading role (e.g., IT’IS USA, EBEA, BEMS)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience with coordinating research projects in a multidisciplinary environment and the desire to take on responsibilities
- High-level interpersonal skills and ability and to work on multiple initiatives concurrently
- Aptitude to handle stress and irregular workloads and to adapt to changes in environment and priorities
- Strong computer literacy, and proficiency using a range of software packages including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel); knowledge of LaTeX, Keynote, Photoshop, InDesign or Web-CMS a plus
- Confidentiality, discretion, sound judgement, and attention to detail
- Knowledge of the Swiss, European, and North American funding a plus
- Strong sense of responsibility and highest quality standard of work
- Self-motivation, good organizational and communication skills, impeccable attention to detail, friendly personality and team-spirit, sensitivity to customer needs, and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, work independently in a fast-paced environment, and to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent command of the English language (both written and spoken), ability to communicate in German a plus
- Stimulating environment for innovation at the forefront of our research areas and key technologies
- State-of-the-art laboratories, high-performance computing clusters, and production facilities
- Vibrant and open company culture thanks to a diverse and creative mix of people from across the globe with various backgrounds in physics, electronics, mathematics, biology, etc.
- Colleagues who are smart, competent, and passionate about valuable, cutting-edge work and who strive to meet high ethical standards
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Direct applications are preferred; applications submitted via recruitment agencies are discouraged. Please note that incomplete applications will be disregarded.
Please send your application documents (in English) consisting of motivational letter, detailed CV (max 2 pages), diplomas, transcripts (with grades), work certificates and/or reference letters (if available) to:
Zurich43, Yvonne Maeder, Zeughausstrasse 43, 8004 Zurich, Switzerland, Phone: +41 44 245 96 96, email@example.com
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Dr. Sabine Regel.