The Foundation for Research on Information Technologies in Society (IT’IS), an independent, nonprofit research organization closely associated with the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich, is currently seeking applicants for the post as
Project Leader Wireless Power Transfer and Low Frequency Measurement Systems
IT’IS, together with its partner organizations Schmid & Partner Engineering AG (SPEAG) and ZMT Zurich MedTech AG (ZMT), forms the Zurich43 alliance. Z43’s dedicated mission is to expand the knowledge and technology for the (i) characterization, optimization, and application of the electromagnetic (EM) near-field and (ii) predictive modelling of interactions between physical agents and physiology in complex anatomies.
- Acquiring and performing research projects on wireless power transfer (WPT) and other systems operating between a few kHz and up to tenth of GHz
- Leading the development of new instruments, numerical tools and methods for the characterization of the near-field of systems operating in the same frequency range
- Building-up and heading a small team of engineers and PhD students
- Leading our standardization activities in this area (IEC, IEEE) and liaising with regulatory agencies and industry
- University or technical college degree (Master or PhD) in Physics or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with EM simulation software (e.g., CST, COMSOL, SEMCAD X, ANSYS, Sim4Life) and/or EM measurement instruments
- Practical experience in characterization of WPT systems and/or antenna structures
- Knowledge of uncertainty analysis and conventions are a plus
- Experience in consulting and/or marketing are a plus
- Strong sense of responsibility and highest quality standard of work
- Self-motivation, good organizational and communication skills, impeccable attention to detail, friendly personality and team-spirit, sensitivity to customer needs, and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, work independently in a fast-paced environment, and to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent command of the English language (both written and spoken), ability to communicate in German is a plus
- Stimulating environment for innovation at the forefront of our research areas and key technologies
- State-of-the-art laboratories, high-performance computing clusters, and production facilities
- Vibrant and open company culture thanks to a diverse and creative mix of people from across the globe with various backgrounds in physics, electronics, mathematics, biology, etc.
- Colleagues who are smart, competent, and passionate about valuable, cutting-edge work and who strive to meet high ethical standards
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Direct applications are preferred; applications submitted via recruitment agencies are discouraged. Please note that incomplete applications will be disregarded.
Please send your application documents (in English) consisting of motivational letter, detailed CV (max 2 pages), diplomas, transcripts (with grades), work certificates and/or reference letters (if available) to:
Zurich43, Yvonne Maeder, Zeughausstrasse 43, 8004 Zurich, Switzerland, Phone: +41 44 245 96 96, email@example.com
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Prof. Niels Kuster.