The Foundation for Research on Information Technologies in Society (IT’IS), an independent, nonprofit research organization closely associated with the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich, is currently seeking applicants for the post as
Junior or Senior R&D Engineer for Wireless Evaluation Systems
IT’IS, together with its partner organizations Schmid & Partner Engineering AG (SPEAG) and ZMT Zurich MedTech AG (ZMT), forms the Zurich43 alliance. Z43’s dedicated mission is to expand the knowledge and technology for the (i) characterization, optimization, and application of the electromagnetic (EM) near-field and (ii) predictive modelling of interactions between physical agents and physiology in complex anatomies.
- Participation in research projects on wireless evaluation systems (in case of sufficient experience, acquisition and leading of new projects)
- Involvement in R&D activities of new instruments and/or algorithms for wireless evaluation systems
- Collaboration with external research partners and provision of hardware support for Z43 customers
- University or technical college degree (Master or PhD) in Physics or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with EM simulation software (e.g., Sim4Life, COMSOL, ANSYS) and/or EM measurement instruments
- Knowledge of wireless communication systems, error analysis, and uncertainty conventions are a plus
- Strong sense of responsibility and highest quality standard of work
- Self-motivation, good organizational and communication skills, impeccable attention to detail, friendly personality and team-spirit, sensitivity to customer needs, and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, work independently in a fast-paced environment, and to meet tight deadlines
- Good to excellent command of the English language (both written and spoken), ability to communicate in German is a plus
- Stimulating environment for innovation at the forefront of our research areas and key technologies
- State-of-the-art laboratories, high-performance computing clusters, and production facilities
- Vibrant and open company culture thanks to a diverse and creative mix of people from across the globe with various backgrounds in physics, electronics, mathematics, biology, etc.
- Colleagues who are smart, competent, and passionate about valuable, cutting-edge work and who strive to meet high ethical standards
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Direct applications are preferred; applications submitted via recruitment agencies are discouraged. Please note that incomplete applications will be disregarded.
Please send your application documents (in English) consisting of motivational letter, detailed CV (max 2 pages), diplomas, transcripts (with grades), work certificates and/or reference letters (if available) to:
Zurich43, Yvonne Maeder, Zeughausstrasse 43, 8004 Zurich, Switzerland, Phone: +41 44 245 96 96, firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Prof. Niels Kuster.