The Foundation for Research on Information Technologies in Society (IT’IS), an independent, nonprofit research organization closely associated with the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich, is currently seeking applicants for the post as
Frontend Software Engineer (React) for Computational Life Science Platform
IT’IS, together with its partner organizations Schmid & Partner Engineering AG (SPEAG) and ZMT Zurich MedTech AG (ZMT), forms the Zurich43 alliance. Z43’s dedicated mission is to expand the knowledge and technology for the (i) characterization, optimization, and application of the electromagnetic (EM) near-field and (ii) predictive modelling of interactions between physical agents and physiology in complex anatomies. We are looking for an experienced new team-member who will contribute to the development of our Sim4Life and o2S2PARC simulation platforms.
- Development of a user-friendly and reliable front-end for a cloud-based CLS simulation platform
- Working on a data-intensive UI with high-frequency updates
- Translation of complex scientific workflows into easy-to-use and intuitive user interfaces
- Please check our o2S2PARC github repositories (simcore) for more information on the project
- University or technical college degree (Bachelor, Master, or PhD) in Information Technology, Computer Sciences and/or a degree in visual design/visual arts (or equivalent expertise)
- Additional knowledge about Typescript, Redux, Vue.js and Material-UI is a plus
- Experience with design and implementation of reusable UI components and unit tests
- Know-how in complex model-based web forms generation
- Experience with client-server APIs (WebSocket, REST)
- Flair for translating wireframes and mockups into visually appealing UI designs
- Strong sense of responsibility and highest quality standard of work
- Self-motivation, good organizational and communication skills, impeccable attention to detail, friendly personality and team-spirit, sensitivity to customer needs, and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, work independently in a fast-paced environment, and to meet tight deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills: fluency in English required
- Stimulating environment for innovation at the forefront of our research areas and key technologies
- Contributing to open source applications
- State-of-the-art laboratories, high-performance computing clusters, and production facilities
- Vibrant and open company culture thanks to a diverse and creative mix of people from across the globe with various backgrounds in physics, electronics, mathematics, biology, etc.
- Colleagues who are smart, competent, and passionate about valuable, cutting-edge work and who strive to meet high ethical standards
- Flexible working hours at a vibrant workplace in the heart of Zurich
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Direct applications are preferred; applications submitted via recruitment agencies are discouraged. Please note that incomplete applications will be disregarded.
Please send your application documents (in English) consisting of motivational letter, tailored CV (max 2 pages), diplomas, transcripts (with grades), work certificates and/or reference letters (if available) to:
Zurich43, Yvonne Maeder, Zeughausstrasse 43, 8004 Zurich, Switzerland, Phone: +41 44 245 96 96, firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Dr. Nik Chavannes.