The Foundation for Research on Information Technologies in Society (IT’IS), an independent, nonprofit research organization closely associated with the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich, is currently seeking applicants for the post as
DevOps Specialist for Computational Life Science Environment
IT’IS, together with its partner organizations Schmid & Partner Engineering AG (SPEAG) and ZMT Zurich MedTech AG (ZMT), forms the Zurich43 alliance. Z43’s dedicated mission is to expand the knowledge and technology for the (i) characterization, optimization, and application of the electromagnetic near-field and (ii) predictive modelling of interactions between physical agents and physiology in complex anatomies. We are looking for an experienced new team-member who will contribute to the development of our Sim4Life and o2S2PARC simulation platforms.
- Working closely together with the development team to automate work-flows for products on the cloud
- Maintaining our infrastructure on our internal cluster as well as the resources on the external cloud
- Assisting in the design, creation, and maintenance of tools for continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD)
- Monitoring the deployment of services in testing and production environments
- Please check our o2S2PARC github repositories (simcore, services) to see if you feel suitable for this position
- Professional experience with micro-services, containers, and orchestration (docker/kubernetes)
- Experience with cloud ecosystems and technologies, specifically with Amazon Web Services (AWS) a plus
- Experience with scripting languages (shell, Python, etc.)
- Expertise in version control systems (git, svn)
- Expertise in database maintenance (backups, migration, object storage)
- Familiarity with existing CI/CD tool-chains (gitlab, travis, jenkins)
- Strong sense of responsibility and highest quality standard of work
- Self-motivation, good organizational and communication skills, impeccable attention to detail, friendly personality and team-spirit, sensitivity to customer needs, and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, work independently in a fast-paced environment, and to meet tight deadlines
- Good to excellent command of the English language (both written and spoken), ability to communicate in German a plus
- Stimulating environment for innovation at the forefront of our research areas and key technologies
- State-of-the-art laboratories, high-performance computing clusters, and production facilities
- Vibrant and open company culture thanks to a diverse and creative mix of people from across the globe with various backgrounds in physics, electronics, mathematics, biology, etc.
- Colleagues who are smart, competent, and passionate about valuable, cutting-edge work and who strive to meet high ethical standards
- Flexible working hours at a vibrant workplace in the heart of Zurich
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Direct applications are preferred; applications submitted via recruitment agencies are discouraged. Please note that incomplete applications will be disregarded.
Please send your application documents (in English) consisting of motivational letter, tailored CV (max 2 pages), diplomas, transcripts (with grades), work certificates and/or reference letters (if available) to:
Zurich43, Yvonne Maeder, Zeughausstrasse 43, 8004 Zurich, Switzerland, Phone: +41 44 245 96 96, email@example.com
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Dr. Nik Chavannes.