The Foundation for Research on Information Technologies in Society (IT’IS), an independent, nonprofit research organization closely associated with the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich, is currently seeking applicants for the post as
Backend Software Developer
IT’IS, together with its partner organizations Schmid & Partner Engineering AG (SPEAG) and ZMT Zurich MedTech AG (ZMT), forms the Zurich43 alliance. Z43’s dedicated mission is to expand the knowledge and technology for the (i) characterization, optimization, and application of the electromagnetic near-field and (ii) predictive modelling of interactions between physical agents and physiology in complex anatomies.
- Creation and integration of novel and 3rd-party simulation services as dockerized applications into our open-source cloud- and web-based o2S2PARC simulation platform
- Design of an intuitive and maintainable client-server application programming interface (API)
- Dealing with complex scientific data and establishing a chain of trust for tracing every step of data processing
- Performing cutting-edge software R&D in a dynamic environment
- Please check our o2S2PARC github repositories (simcore, services) to see if you feel suitable for this position
- Bachelor, Master, or PhD in Information Technology or Computer Sciences (or equivalent knowledge)
- Expertise in asynchronous programming (Python, node.js, C++, etc.), version control systems (git, svn), and micro-services, containers, and orchestration (docker/kubernetes)
- Experience with client-server APIs (REST, OpenAPI, Thrift, websockets, etc.) and writing testable software components within a CI/CD environment
- Vivid interest in new technologies and their integration into our existing tools/platforms
- Strong sense of responsibility and highest quality standard of work
- Self-motivation, good organizational and communication skills, impeccable attention to detail, friendly personality and team-spirit, sensitivity to customer needs, and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, work independently in a fast-paced environment, and to meet tight deadlines
- Good to excellent command of the English language (both written and spoken), ability to communicate in German a plus
- Stimulating environment for innovation at the forefront of our research areas and key technologies
- State-of-the-art laboratories, high-performance computing clusters, and production facilities
- Vibrant and open company culture thanks to a diverse and creative mix of people from across the globe with various backgrounds in physics, electronics, mathematics, biology, etc.
- Colleagues who are smart, competent, and passionate about valuable, cutting-edge work and who strive to meet high ethical standards
Starting date is October 2019 or later. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Direct applications are preferred; applications submitted via recruitment agencies are discouraged. Please note that incomplete applications will be disregarded.
Please send your application documents (in English) consisting of motivational letter, detailed CV (max 2 pages), diplomas, transcripts (with grades), work certificates and/or reference letters (if available) to:
Zurich43, Yvonne Maeder, Zeughausstrasse 43, 8004 Zurich, Switzerland, Phone: +41 44 245 96 96, firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Dr. Nik Chavannes.