The Foundation for Research on Information Technologies in Society (IT’IS), an independent, nonprofit research organization closely associated with the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich, is currently seeking applicants for the post as
Application / Test Engineer – RF Testing of Medical Implants in MRI and WPT Applications
IT’IS, together with its partner organizations Schmid & Partner Engineering AG (SPEAG), ZMT Zurich MedTech AG (ZMT) and TI Solutions AG, forms the Zurich43 alliance. Due to growing international demand, the Zurich43 alliance would like to expand operations and are looking for a motivated and experienced test engineer to strengthen their multi-disciplinary team. Our laboratories at Zurich43 are considered one of the leading competence centers in near-field characterization of wireless devices and medical implants.
- Experimental characterization of medical implants in radiofrequency (RF) environments with our benchtop magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) testing systems and cutting-edge near-field measurement tools (sensors, antennas)
- Testing and validation of new technologies of RF near-field measurements for MRI and wireless power transfer applications
- Conducting RF measurements and performing data analysis of wireless devices
- Technical support for global hardware customers, including on-site visits
- Close interaction with simulation and product development teams, standards bodies
- Participation and continuous improvement of ISO 17025 quality system
- Participation in exhibitions and scientific conferences
- University or technical college degree (Bachelor or Master) in electrical engineering, physics, or similar; or significant experience in RF testing
- Preference is given to candidates with experience in RF measurement technique, antennas/RF theory, electromagnetic compatibility, precise measurement with sensitive laboratory equipment, good laboratory practice, metrology and quality assurance, uncertainty and confidence interval estimation
- Strong sense of responsibility and highest quality standard of work
- Self-motivation, good organizational and communication skills, impeccable attention to detail, friendly personality and team-spirit, sensitivity to customer needs, and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, work independently in a fast-paced environment, and to meet tight deadlines
- Good to excellent command of the English language (both written and spoken), ability to communicate in German a plus
- Stimulating environment for innovation at the forefront of our research areas and key technologies
- State-of-the-art laboratories, high-performance computing clusters, and production facilities in the center of Zurich
- Vibrant and open company culture thanks to a diverse and creative mix of people from across the globe with various backgrounds in physics, electronics, mathematics, biology, etc.
- Colleagues who are smart, competent, and passionate about valuable, cutting-edge work and who strive to meet high ethical standards
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Direct applications are preferred; applications submitted via recruitment agencies are discouraged. Please note that incomplete applications will be disregarded.
Please send your application documents (in English) consisting of motivational letter, tailored CV (max 2 pages), diplomas, transcripts (with grades), work certificates and/or reference letters (if available) to:
Zurich43, Yvonne Maeder, Zeughausstrasse 43, 8004 Zurich, Switzerland, Phone: +41 44 245 96 96, email@example.com
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Dr. Tolga Goren.